Learn How To Conquer Trails From The Best: The Legendary AJ Calitz & His Coach
The name AJ Calitz is synonymous in South Africa with trail running and he, and his coach, are back in 2020 to impart their wealth of knowledge at the RW Trail Clinic on 14 March.
Calitz’s podiums are too many to list, but he personally rates his top five trail achievements as:
- Guiness World Record holder for The Most Vertical Height Gained in 12 hours (10,257m), set on Platteklip Gorge, Table Mountain, Cape Town in 2014
- Fish River Canyon 100km record holder (6:39:52)
- 2016 SA Ultra Trail Champion
- Four-time Red Bull Lionheart winner
- Winner of the Verdon Canyon Challenge 100km, France (2013)*
Ready to learn from the best? Then sign up for the RW Trail Clinic taking place on 14 March.
What To Expect:
- One-on-One Practical Skills Training and Q&A
- Form and Technique Drills and Advice
- Practical Training Methodology with AJ’s coach, and author of Running Essentials, Christoff Smit
- Small Group to Ensure Individual Attention
- Designed For All Levels: Beginner / Intermediate / Experienced
What You Get:
- Full morning of expert guidance and advice from two of SA’s leading trail-running gurus
- 40% Discount voucher from New Balance, Falke trail running socks as well as other trail running goodies from major sports apparel brands
- A copy of Christoff Smit’s book Running Essentials valued at R150
- A 1-year subscription to Runner’s World magazine (print or digital)
- Brunch at Tribe Coffee in Woodstock
- Lucky-draw prizes on the day!
Tickets are limited because we want to keep the group small to ensure individual attention.
* source: kway.co.za