- This event has passed.
Expedition Africa 25km Adventure Race
18th August 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Adventure Racing is a fun concept of combining the following sport disciplines: mountain biking, running/trekking, kayaking
and navigation. In this shorter version of adventure racing, you only need to be able to read a printed Google Map to orienteer yourself from point to point. Teams of 2 members will take on this race together.
Kinetic Events and Addicted2Adventure.co.za have joined hands when it comes to the organisation of the 25km Adventure Races in South Africa which has been organised by the former for many years.
Beginners, more advanced athletes and the hard core racers out there are all welcome!
Who’s joining us?
- The race will cover approximately 25 km’s
- Duration between 2 and 4 hours
- Approx. 17 km cycling and 6 km running/trekking and 2 km kayaking
- Mountain biking – Teams should be prepared for a range of riding including single track, steep hills, gravel roads and sealed roads
- Trekking – Will involve traveling by foot through rugged terrain
- Kayaking – Kayaking will be on a dam / flat water. Kayaks and paddles will be provided by race organizers. Fluid Synergy kayaks will be used. These kayaks are very stable and suitable for novices. Teams who are unsure about their swimming ability should bring their own life jackets
- Orienteering – Basic orienteering is an extremely important part of the race. The course is not marked and teams are required to navigate using the map. If you can read a street map you will be fine
- Venue: Rietvlei Zoo Farm, Mulbarton, Johannesburg South, South Africa
- Registration/Start and Finish: Rietvlei Zoo Farm, Mulbarton, Johannesburg South, South Africa
- We love supporters and that’s why we chose a venue where the whole family can enjoy a day out. Day Visitors can picnic/braai in the Picnic Park area under the trees and on the lawn. Kids can feed the farmyard animals, view the birds in the bird aviary, play on the jungle gyms or go on a fun pony, tractor or train ride. There are a variety of restaurants on the premises and even a 560m zip line for kids and adults. Access to our race village is free. If you want to enter the Picnic area it will cost you an affordable R35pp.
- Sunday, 18 August 2019
- Registration: from 6:30 (Arrive early to ensure you have enough time to study race route information)
- Race briefing: 7:50
- Race start: 8:00
- Prize giving: 12:00