Satisfy Your Cravings With Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups!
Yields: 12 servings
Total Time: 1 hour 0 mins
1/3 c. virgin coconut oil
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp. maple syrup
Peanut Butter Filling:
2 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
1/2 c. peanut butter (made from 100 percent peanuts)
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. fine sea salt
- Line a mini muffin pan with 12 mini paper muffin cups.
- To make the chocolate: In a small bowl, microwave the coconut oil for 30 seconds, or just until melted. Stir in the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the chocolate in each muffin cup to fill the bottom. Place the muffin tin in the freezer until the chocolate solidifies, about 5 minutes.
- To make the peanut butter filling: In a small bowl, microwave the coconut oil for 30 seconds, or just until melted. Use a fork to stir in the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of peanut butter filling on top of the chocolate. Then spoon another teaspoon of chocolate on top of the peanut butter filling to fill the cups (if the chocolate begins to harden, microwave it for 10 seconds). Place peanut butter cups in the freezer until solid, about 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes prior to serving.
If you don’t have a mini muffin pan, you can make 6 large peanut butter cups instead. Fill with double the amounts for the chocolate layers and peanut butter layer.