The Latest from Under Armour Offers Much More Than Just A Running Shoe
Whether you’re training for a marathon or looking to improve your 5k PB, having a running shoe that can keep up with your goals (and provide you with that extra edge) is a must. But as runners we’re often forced to choose between a high-cushion shoe for longer distances, and a lightweight racing shoe for faster running. Thanks to Under Armour’s newest addition, you can now have both.
Under Armour HOVR Machina
The new Under Armour HOVR Machina mixes the speed of a racing shoe with the comfort of a long-distance trainer. Combine that with real-time Form Coaching and you’re set to ace your goals in 2020. Here are the features you’ll love…
- Neutral shoe: Perfect for runners who need a balance of flexibility and cushioning
- UA HOVR™ technology provides ‘zero gravity feel’ to maintain energy return that helps eliminate impact
- Compression mesh Energy Web contains and moulds UA HOVR™ foam to give back the energy you put in
- Engineered mesh upper is extremely lightweight & breathable for ultimate speed
- Sprint spike-inspired carbon-filled Pebax® speed plate for increased return & more powerful push-offs
- Solid rubber outsole covers high impact zones for greater durability with less weight
- Carbon rubber pods under the heel deliver greater traction and durability at high-impact strike zones
- Offset: 8mm
- Light weight. Average weight for men: 283.4g; and women: 240.9g
But wait, there’s more!
UA HOVR™ Machina is more than a running shoe. Yes, it gives you soft energy return and speed with the Pebax® propulsion plate, but it also coaches you. All of the footwear in Under Armour’s 2020 run suite, including the new UA HOVR Machina, come digitally connected, allowing runners not only to track and analyse their runs, but also to gain unprecedented insight into their running form. By tracking your stride length, cadence, and more it gives you real-time, personalised tips to help make running feel easier.
With UA connected footwear and real-time Form Coaching, you’re essentially getting a personalised coach.
“With UA connected footwear and real-time Form Coaching, you’re essentially getting a personalised coach, who gives instantaneous feedback to help you reach your goals. We’ve tested this feature with runners at all levels of the sport, and now also offer additional post-run data, such as foot strike angle and ground contact time, to give runners more insight than ever before”, says Ben McAllister, Senior Director, of MapMyRun & Connected Footwear.
Love all the features of the Machina? Enter below and you could become one of three first-time tester’s of the shoe.*