Record-Breaking adidas Adizero Adios 2: Lighter & Faster!
Debuting last year, the adidas ADIZERO ADIOS PRO took the road running world by storm. During the shoes’ first season, Kenya’s Peres Jepchirchir broke the existing women’s-only half marathon world record twice, whilst Kibiwott Kandie set the fastest ever time, taking 29 seconds off the previous record he held.
Now it’s the turn of the updated ADIZERO ADIOS PRO 2 which adidas presents as a symbol of their ambition to constantly evolve elite performance running footwear. It has been designed, developed and tuned with some of the fastest athletes in the world resulting in a silhouette that is lighter than its predecessor.
The ADIZERO ADIOS PRO 2 features:
- LIGHTSTRIKE PRO MIDSOLE Signature carbon-infused ENERGYRODS, now visible within the newly-sculpted two-layer midsole, deliver lightweight stiffness and are designed for a more anatomical driven transition and limiting energy loss.
- CELERMESH 2.0 UPPER. Created for speed with flexibility, breathability and support – all based on athlete data.
- CONTINENTAL™ RUBBER OUTSOLE Added to the toe tip to create a traction zone to support faster acceleration. A new lightweight heel construction keeps the foot tightly locked in.
More In The Adizero Collection
The Adizero Adios Pro 2 has a supporting cast which allows adidas to make the bold new midsole design and volume available to all runners.
- The Adidas Adizero Prime X packs in triple-layered Lightstrike Pro cushioning, energy rods and blades, and maximum traction for a winning combination of comfort, confidence and stability.
- The well-loved Boston workhorse has also been given 13.5mm extra in the heel stack. Energyrods, a thicker rubber outsole and, a combination of Lightstrike Pro and Lightstrike in its midsole, result in a completely new look to the Boston 9. This new set-up makes the adidas Adizero Boston 10 the perfect training companion to the Pro 2.
To get on board the record-breaking adidas train, shop your pick from the new adidas Adizero collection HERE