- This event has passed.
TrailFun Spring Series 2 of 4: Groot Constantia
Oct 23 @ 7:20 am - 10:30 am
We care about you and we want you to succeed.
We partner with Wine Farms so you can have a safe place to run, that is well marked and has great views. And fun, we want you to have lots of fun.
Groot Constantia is unique in that it has two 5km routes :
a) 5km pink route – this is an intermediate 5km route with some elevation and fantastic views. (4.8km, 220m elevation)
b) 5km yellow route – this is an entry level 5km route that is relatively flat and pram friendly (5.5km , 130m elevation)
Running both these routes gives you a full 10km (no loop).
If you are looking for a long run, you can do the 10km route followed by any of the 5km routes to make up a 15km run – or do the 10km route twice for a 20km+
- Safe, Intermediate level 5km
- Challenging 10km
- Run the 10km then 5km for 15km
- Run the 10km x 2 for 21km
- You can walk any distance
Please note : you need to finish your run by 10.30am. This is a stipulation by Groot Constantia
- The 5km and 10km have the option of a Traditional Group Start as runners race for podium positions and prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. (junior entries do not get prizes)
- or, Start at your leisure with the Individual Start. If you are looking for a fun, relaxed day running through a wine farm then this is for you. Start when you want, any time up to 9.30am. No groups, no crowds, just you and nature … and you can sleep late.
- 15km and 21km are Individual Start only, there are no positional prizes, they are designed as L.S.D. training runs (long-slow-distance).
Entries include a R50 Groot Constantia voucher for use at any of the venues on the Estate.