- This event has passed.
Strandloper Trail Run – Noordhoek
17th August 2019 @ 6:30 am
This will be the 4th edition of this REALLY AWESOME Strandloper Trail Run coastal trail!
200 tickets available. PRE entries only.
Please note that we still do the run briefing/race number collection at the Noordhoek Sporstfield. Runners then take a warm-up jog to the “actual start at De Hoek, Noordhoek Beach” This is the famous surf/body board spot on Noordhoek Beach, directly below Chapmans Peak.
Entries close once tickets are sold or latest, 5 August at 12h00.
PRE REGISTRATION/RACE NUMBER COLLECTION/VENUES:
We will also have an early registration in the Southern suburbs for the local runners. Venue/date/times tba.
- Noordhoek Sports field, Katzenellenbogen Rd. Off Noordhoek Main Rd.
- From 5h45-6h45.
- Briefing will be via email.
- Run starts at 7h30 from De Hoek, Noordhoek Beach.
- Low tide is at 10h00. The run will start with a mid and outgoing tide.
- Leave cars at Noordhoek Sporstfield
- Finish – THE HUB Cafe, Scarborough
- Prize giving at 11h00-ish
ENTRY FEE: R300.00 [Incl branded race cap or peak]
Each year, we encourage runners to collect any litter washed out by the ocean or otherwise – even if it just a few small items. It all helps. We will award a First Ascent garment to the individual/pair whom collects the most [quantity] and bring it to the finish line. Quantum Adventures will also employ 3 x individuals a few days before the run to collect litter off the coast in the Soetwater/Witsand area for an entire day. We’ll take pics of the result and post it on social media.
For male and female.
- MASTERS – 50yr plus
- VET: 40 – 49yrs
- SENIOR: 16 – 39yr
DISTANCE: 16km of fantastic coastal trail running! This is a linear run, so please ensure you share cars etc.
PS – It is your responsibility to sort out your return transport from Scarborough. Lift share etc.
See at the bottom of this page – route maps. We will also make the GPS track available to entrants and send the gpx files via email, 1 week before the run. There will be manned check-points on route. We will also have manned, security at places such as the Kakapo wreck and the Crayfish factory areas.
No water tables – you must be self sufficient. There are toilets at the start, Longbeach, Kommetjie and the finish.
Basic route description:
- After briefing, take a warm-up jog to Noordhoek Beach – will take about 15-20mins. Please leave your vehicles at the Sportsfield – you are not permitted to drive and “leave” your vehicle at Noordhoek Beach car park.
- Starting at De Hoek, Noordhoek Beach. Passing Kakapo Wreck and across Kommetjie Beach.
- At the start of Boardwalk veering off into Lighthouse Rd to the Light house.
- Passing through the boom gate to Soetwater, through the manned gate and immediately right and down to the coastal path in Soetwater.
- Along the beach/path all the way to Witsand beach and across onto the Strandloper trail.
- Exit the path in Misty Cliifs where the Marshal will indicate the route and onto the wide, gravel verge off the tarred section – this is a wide section of gravel.
- DO NOT run on the tar road.
- Stay on the right side of this very scenic section, all the way to Scarborough.
- You can cross the tar road to the finish at the First Ascent banners.
- PLEASE be mindful of traffic/cars/motorbikes/cyclists/other road users and people walking.
- Finish at “The Hub” in Scarborough.
- Chill/relax/get warm/order some chow/coffee etc:-)
- Waterproof rain jacket if it looks like rain. Windproof jacket, otherwise.
- Cellular phone
- Mini first aid kit
- Space blanket