- This event has passed.
Athletics Mpumalanga Big 5 SA 10km Championship
28th September 2019 @ 6:30 am
Athletics Mpumalanga will again be hosting the 10km SA’s in 2019.
GENERAL RACE INFORMATION
1.Organised in accordance with the rules and regulations of ASA and IAAF. All athletes indemnify the
National, Provincial and Regional bodies, sponsors and organizers against all and any actions of
2. Entries may be handed in at Athletics Mpumalanga Office in 17 Lilian Ngoyi str Middelburg – Office
hours 08:00 -13:00
3. The closing date for pre-entries will be Wednesday 18 September 2019
4. The race committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry.
5. The Prize Giving will commence no later than 08:30
6. Medals to all finishers.
7. Online entries are available on www.championchip.co.za Online admin fees apply.
8. Collection of race numbers (pre-entries) and late entries will be accepted Kees Taljaard Stadium from
15h00 until 18h00 on Friday 27 September 2019and from 05h00 on the morning of the race.
Entry fees are non-refundable. A receipt/proof of payment may be required in case of any discrepancy
9. Each athlete will be provided with a chip on the race number. Failure to wear the chip race number
will lead to disqualification.
10. All traffic Officials and marshals must be obeyed.
11. The wearing of earphones or headsets is not permitted due to safety reasons and will lead to
12. Medals will be awarded to all finishers.
13. Race venue is an alcohol free zone.
14. 10km race will start at 06h30 from Kees Taljaard Stadium and finish at the stadium
15. Athletes must run in official Club/Provincial colours with the Official race number on the front of
the vest AND the 2019 ASA licence numbers on the front and back of the vest. Race number not to
cover the ASA Logos.
16. Athletes who are not licensed members of a club affiliated to ASA must purchase a temporary
17. Age category tags must be visible on front and back of your vest if you wish to qualify for category
prizes. Athletes may be requested to provide proof of age on race day.
18. SAMA Medals will be awarded to Provincial team representatives in 5 year age groups.
Correct category tags must be displayed (i.e. 35/40/45/50/55/60/65/70/75/80)
19. Athletes must be 14 years or older for the 10km on race day.
20. Registered athletes are covered by a group personal insurance scheme.
Temporary licenced athletes have no cover and are urged to join an affiliated club.
21. The no seconding rule will apply as there are sufficient refreshment stations on the route. Provincial
teams will be allocated a designated area where the stand and hand rule will apply.
22. The cut off time for the 10km 1:45 hours, i.e. 08h15.
23. Refuse bins will be provided along the route. Please discard used water sachets into or near to
Littering may lead to disqualification. Please do not discard used water sachets beyond designated
24. A tog bag storage facility will be available.
25. Full results will be available on www.championchip.co.za
For more information contact Paul Bester 082 966 7767, Johanita Bester 079 498 6382 or AMPU Office
Hellouise van Dyk 082 306 4615
NB: All prize money for 10km will be paid via EFT once clearance has been received from Athletics
South Africa. No cash prize money will be paid to athletes.