By Liezl van der Westhuizen
I love not just the finish line, but the trip along the way – it makes me feel free – I’ve got energy to burn – I need energy – it’s my anti-depressant – I hope my children will – I need an excuse to eat – stopping would hurt so much more than a blister or a broken toenail – walking takes too long and I have things I need to get done – my personal best is just that: mine – others can’t – it’s a good kind of sore – it makes the pavement feel needed – there are a lot worse addictions out there – there’s no better way to explore a city or enjoy the spring flowers and fall leaves – I “just felt like running” – there’s no drug like adrenaline – I’ll never know how far I can go unless I try – the pavement doesn’t complain when you pound it – it takes all I’ve got, but gives back more – I can.
I loved this quote and wanted to share it with you, I also asked on Twitter why YOU RUN. Here are some of the comments – hope this motivates you to head out for a run today.
· ? @gijane_zn #myjourney Health, fitness, and freeing the mind Nothing beats it while staring out at the see
· ? @KimmySRobertson I run to support my eating habits…Don’t have to feel guilty if I indulge-happy balance
· @gijane_zn #myjourney Health, fitness, and freeing the mind Nothing beats it while staring out at the see
· @KelzAmber the feeling of air on my skin, the power in my legs and to feel great that I’m alive #iloverunning
· @GillianF I run because it gives me space and time to think. I also earn the right to eat chocolate!
· @DevlinMarkBrown it’s quicker than walking. Other answer is it trains my aerobic system.
· @SGHutch to get away from everything and be in my own world…
· @roxyscholtz I run because it makes me feel alive, sure it’s hard if it were easy everyone would do it! Hard is what makes it great!
· @Nic_September knowing every time my feet hits the tar, it’s a step towards achieving a goal-be it a PB time or completing a certain distance
Here are some other running quotes that I got sent:
“Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.”
? Christopher McDougall, Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.” ? John Bingham, No Need for Speed: A Beginner’s Guide to the Joy of Running
HAPPY RUNNING ENJOY THE JOURNEY