Looking for a killer work out with your running group or training buddies?
Here’s a little exercise we started at the Hi-Tec Bootcamp with SSISA. Be warned: it’s not for sissies.
- Line up from strongest to weakest.
- Put the strongest oke at the front, and get him (or her) onto all fours.
- Take the second strongest guy, and get him onto all fours behind the first guy. Make sure the second person’s head is in an uncomfortably close proximity to the first guy’s rear.
- Get the person in front to put his feet onto the second persons shoulders – not only alleviating the awkward head-to-bum placement, but also moving into a push-up-come-plank position.
- Third person: you’re up. Repeat the above moves, until your entirely group of (un)willing participants are all supporting their bodies with their hands and arms, and resting their feet on the person behind them.
- Once you’re all up, start doing push ups.
There you have “The Snake”.
Chances are, you won’t get it right the first time. Or the second time. Or the third. We didn’t – but then there were 12 of us trying to get it right. There’ll be plenty of group collapsing, but it’s a killer combo. The more people, the more of a workout is: especially for the oke at the front.
Good luck – and let us know how it goes!