“Short of buying it pre-made, this lasagne is about the simplest there is,” says Anderson. The protein in chicken helps speed muscle recovery. Also try a spinach-mushroom filling (find a recipe here).
15 (approx) sheets lasagne pasta (soaked in piping hot water for 10 minutes)
4 cups shredded cooked chicken
1½ teaspoons dried basil
350 grams cream cheese, softened
½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
3 cups marinara/tomato pasta sauce (no sugar added, or low-sugar)
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese<
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Combine chicken, basil, 200 grams of cream cheese, and 1/4 cup broth.
- Mix remaining cream cheese and broth in a separate bowl.
- Spread 1/3 cup marinara on the bottom of a 330 x 230mm baking dish or similar; assemble 4 layers as follows: 3 pasta sheets, 2/3 cup sauce, 1 cup chicken mixture, 3/4 cup mozzarella, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Top with last pasta, the broth mixture, and the remaining cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Leaving dish on same rack, turn oven to grill.
- Remove foil and grill until golden brown, 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let sit for 10 minutes.