CLASSIC CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
Calories cut: 50 per biscuit by using less butter and sugar and more oats
3/4 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
4 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda a shake of salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, and honey.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Combine flours, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder, then add to the wet mixture.
- Stir in oats, chocolate, and nuts.
- Spoon batter in one tablespoon mounds onto a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes two dozen.
CALORIES: 150 FAT: 6 g CARBS: 22 g PROTEIN: 3 g
More Guilt-Free Comfort Food