Make the most out the Cape Town 12 ONERUN! From vital race information to where you friends can support, to where to park; here’s all you need to know about race day!
The FNB Cape Town 12 ONERUN will take place on Sunday, 21 May 2017.
- Study the Start Map to make sure you know where you have to go.
- The start will be organised with seeding pens.
- If you took the Gold Package, lucky you. Your special start pen awaits. Your friends will be jealous.
- Your seeding will be on your race number (pinned to the front of your shirt).
- The pens will feed in from the back and you will move forward into your sections.
- Bring cash to the race! There will be plenty of vendors selling coffee/water/snacks at the start.
- The race begins at 09h00 with no cut-off so you can either run a personal best with the speedsters or take your time and enjoy the trip.
- There will be full road closures along the route. No planes, trains or automobiles allowed.
- There are entertainment and vibe points along the route with water points at 3 km, 6 km, 8 km and 10 km. Each one will have specific sponsor and its own specific vibe.
- Key historic points along the route include the Milnerton wetlands and its beautiful wildlife. You will have the unique opportunity to run through Cape Town harbour, the beating heart of the City. Views will include the iconic sights of Table Mountain and Lion’s Head. As you float past St George’s Cathedral spare a thought for the fact that the term ‘Rainbow Nation’ was first coined here, so look around at your fellow runners and smile in the knowledge that you truly are.
- Bree Street will be alive with activity, music and lots of fun.
- You will be able to check your results on www.thecapetown12.com
- Use social media to post times and pics from the day.
- KFM will be broadcasting live from the finish.
- Your race number [pinned to the front of your shirt] is your ticket to ride from Cape Town to the Start or from the Finish to your car after the run. Non-participating family and friends will not be allowed on the bus.
- The buses to the Start will run from the GRAND PARADE from 05h30 to 08h00 AND NO LATER. If you miss the last bus, you miss the race!
- There are limited toilet facilities at the Grand Parade so make sure not to load up on the sports drinks.
- Buses from the Finish will run from 11h00 through until 14h00. You can catch the bus from Thibault Square, just down the road from the finish line. Please note this chartered bus will drop you off at the start at Woodbridge Island, should you need to go further you will need to catch a connecting bus. Miss the last bus, you will have to find your own way home.
These are the suggestion parking options. Parking is at the owners own risk and cost where relevant. Click here to download the parking areas now.
It’s a point-to-point race so dress warmly and take a tog bag with you on the bus or to the start so that you can keep warm and then have something to change into when you get to the finish.
The tog bag trucks will be at the start close to your start pens so you can drop off your bags. You will find your tog bag sticker in your race envelope. Your race number will serve as the corresponding number when you retrieve your tog bag.
START CHUTES & SEEDING
|Batch A||100 invited athletes & elite only|
|Batch C||GP (Gold Package) and Running Clubs|
|Wheel chair athletes start|
There will be a mat at the start so you will receive 2 times – a start gun to finish mat time and a mat-to-mat finish time so that you don’t have to worry about crossing the start line a few minutes after the gun has gone off. The winners can only come from batches A to D, as per the IAAF and WPA race rules but your 10k time will make sure you are in the correct start pen.
We encourage you to dress up or wear your event T-shirt. If you belong to a club, we can’t force you to wear the event T-shirt, but be sure to check with your club first. We are sure they won’t mind if you dress up!