A huge incentive for many runners is losing weight, I think you would agree. And there are many others, from psychological reasons to meeting people.
Well, Reebok has recognised the fact that many women start exercising to tone their butt and leg muscles. Its great to want to look healthy as this normally means you will be healthy too, right? Well in this case it does.
Reebok’s engineer gurus have developed a shoe that provides natural instability. Thats right! A shoe that is designed to throw you off balance. Would you believe it!
Its all been thought out and put together over 18 months of innovation and the result is a womens shoe called the EasyTone. It works the glutes and upper leg muscles specifically to help tone those parts of the body so often targeted.
How it works – from the Reebok folks
- Helps tone key leg and butt muscles by using advanced balance pods built into the shoe.
- The balance pods are designed to create natural instability with every step that a woman takes.
- This micro-instability forces muscles to adapt and in doing so they work harder.
How EasyTone is tested
- McInnis and his team used a technique called Electromyography, which involves sensory electrodes being attached to key muscles.
- These sensors measure the levels of muscle activation as a woman walks.
- By comparing the changes in muscle activation between different types of shoes, you can determine which shoes are working the muscles hardest.
- Over a period of several months, a cross section of women tested the shoe in this lab environment.
In these tests, EasyTone was compared with an ordinary performance sneaker. Says McInnis, The results are better than anything Reebok could have expected. I believe this is a moment we will look at back on in years to come as the creation of a whole new technical category for toning footwear that not only looks good on but makes you look good too.
I particularly enjoyed the fact that Reebok launched the shoe in Los Angeles last month with a famous family of women that have particularly desirable legs and butts, including a mother and three daughters.
Let me know (comments section) if you are keen to try a pair as I have one coming from Reebok when they hit the stores in September (selected Total Sports and Reebok Concept stores).
Clearly my butt is cute enough besides I am a bit nervous my balance is not good enough for this new vibe.